Sports massage can help your body recover from a range of injuries, including pulled or strained muscles or ligaments.
The primary benefits of Massage include
- Increasing blood flow which allow toxins built up in the muscles to be removed, helping repair tissues.
- The calming of Peripheral Nervous System in order to ease any pain and discomfort occurring to the body.
- The toning and relaxing of muscles which helps improve joint mobility, which ultimately will ease stiffness and tension in the body.
Other additional benefits of Massage
- Can improve athletic performance
- Aids in recovery from exercise
- Prevents & eliminates injuries
- Reduces stress
- Enhances metabolism & circulation
- Aids lymph & blood flow which remove waste & toxins.
Sports Massage can be very helpful for both injury prevention and/or injury recovery. Particularly as follow up treatment to physiotherapy and osteopathy.
Some of the injuries & conditions that can be helped with Massage are
- Headaches & migraines
- Treatments for Lower back pain & pelvis pain
- Back, neck & shoulder problems caused from a variety of situations
- Over-use injuries
- Sprains and strains to muscles & tendons